In August a new billboard went up to promote a new way to help keep our families and communities safe! Text the keyword PAGETIPS anonymously to 274637 to report illegal activity or risky behavior. ...or download the free Tip Submit App for your phone. Of course, if you are reporting an emergency, always call 911
According to Sergeant Stephen Owens, Crime Prevention Division, Page County Sheriff's Office, certain local stores passed a recent Alcohol Compliance check. If a local business is not listed here, it does not necessarily mean it failed a check. We do simply wish to congratulate the particular businesses that had been checked this time around, and had passed.
• 7-11, Shenandoah
• Kites Store, 4258 US HWY 340, Shenandoah
• Dollar General, 502 W. Main St., Stanley
• DR’S, 714 E. Main St., Stanley
• Dollar General, East Main St., Luray
• Dollar General, 727 4th Street, Shenandoah
• Shenandoah Convenience, 601 4th Street, Shenandoah
• Valley Exxon, 5581 Hwy 340 Bus
• Family Convenience, 244 W. Main St., Stanley
• Main St. Tanning Salon, 190 W. Main St., Stanley
• Family Dollar, 291 W. Main St., Stanley
• Riverside Mini Mart, 3561 US HWY 340 Bus, Stanley
• Liberty/Subway, Main St., Luray
The compliance checks are performed by local law enforcement in conjunction with the State and with underage volunteers. All of the retailers were talked to by representatives of our Sheriff's Dept. prior to the checks to discuss tobacco and alcohol sales regulations. They were all told that the checks would be occurring in the near future. Representatives of the Sheriff's department will be following up with retailers as well.
• 17.7% of students surveyed reported that it was fairly easy to get tobacco products.
• 17.5% of students surveyed reported that is was very easy to get tobacco products.
• 16.5% of students surveyed reported that it was fairly easy to get alcohol products.
• 14.3 % of students surveyed reported that it was very easy to get alcohol products.
Of course, these stats do not suggest in any way that all products are always purchased from retailers.
When: Saturday, November 19, 2016
1K begins at 9:30am, 5K begins at 10:00am
Where: Luray Greenway Mechanic Street Parking Lot
Registration: You can register online below (all information must be completed) or download a printable application and then send payment by Oct. 7th to:
Page Alliance for Community Action,PO Box 723, Luray, VA 22835
Race Registration Fee (check one or both):
T-shirts available only to participants preregistered by Oct. 7, 2016
Enter the numbers shown here: